Planning an event by yourself may be a bit intimidating. Sometimes, its in your best interest to hire a professional to assist you in your planning. Think about it this way: You are a great cook, but you wouldn’t
dare take on the duty of cooking for your entire event of 200 guests. It’s too big of a task for you and you want to enjoy your event with your guests. So you hire a professional caterer. Well the same principle works here. Contracts, negotiations, and choosing the perfect vendors to provide all the details for your event is something that is time consuming and can be a tedious task if you are not familiar with the industry. Planners can provide you with their professional advice and help you meet your needs.
Planners can do everything from complete coordination of your entire event, to just providing you with a list of vendors who fit your event and budget. Some offer event design and set up as a package and just day of management. Whatever you need help with when planning your event, an event planner is your best tool!
Still on the fence about hiring an event planner? Here are 5 reasons why you may need an event planner:
1. Planner’s know what’s in. Planners are your best resource for the latest trends for the event you are hosting. They can provide you with themes you hadn’t heard of. Their may be celebrity trends you’e never seen. Planners are very knowledgeable, because they have to constantly read and watch whats happening in society when it comes to events. Planners have this ability to introduce you with ideas and concepts that help you perfect all the details of your vision.
2. Planners know the best vendors that fit your budget, time and event personality. Planners have built professional relationships with vendors and have done tons of research for specific vendors in the past. So they know which vendors are a great fit for you and are able to provide what you need, within reason. Because they are familiar with the event planning industry, they can make sure that you are getting the best deals for your budget.
3. Planners know contracts. Understanding contracts and knowing what to put into your contracts, may not come easy to you. We know that contracts and all their legal terms can be intimidating. However, a planner usually works with contracts all the time. They will even work up one for you, for their services and include everything you need and everything they will do to meet those needs. So they understand how contracts work and can provide you lots of assurance when it comes to those things!
4. Planners know how to manage your event. Planners act as your liaison between you and your vendors. They already know what you want and expect from the vendors, but whats great about planners is that are great managers and know how to make sure you get what you ask for. They are also great at facilitating the day of. While you are enjoying your event, they are running things behind the scene.
5. Planners know how to plan the details. Planners are passionate and creative and experienced when it comes to planning events. You tell them your vision and they know how to make it happen.
So while you a balancing all your duties at work and at home, let the pros do all the work for you!