All of your life you have dreamed of having your wedding outdoors! Now you’re engaged so that dream is coming alive! You also want to have the wedding a few days before Christmas because that’s your anniversary! Great! Everything is set! All you need to do is find the best venue with a great outdoor option!
Wrong! The wedding ceremony will take place outdoors, in December, in Chicago?! When planning an event, you come across issues that are beyond your control and your checkbook! In cases like this, you may need to make a few adjustments to your plans.
When choosing the perfect venue for your event, there are a few things to consider:
1. What look are you going for with this event: the look will help determine whether you want to rent a banquet hall or an art gallery
2. What is the budget for the event: Can you afford to rent a location for the event? Looking closely at the budget will help you determine if you are renting a location and if you can go to a downtown hotel or suburban banquet hall.
If you need help putting together a budget for your event, contact me, I’ll help you with that!
3. What is the size of the event: How many guests do you expect to invite to your event? If you are hosting an event for 200 people and its a sit-down dinner, you may not want to rent that intimate restaurant space you love. You have to consider how many people you want to attend in relation to the size of the venues you are looking at. As well as the style of the event.
4. What is the style of the event: The style of the event helps in the consideration of venue location too. This also goes hand and hand with the size. When thinking about the style of your event, think about whether you want a cocktail reception, sit down dinner, or a dance party, etc. This will help you choose a venue that can cater to the amount of space you’ll need to have a sit down dinner or dance party comfortably.
5. What season are you throwing the event in: This will help you decide whether or not you can have an event indoors or outdoors. Yes, you have always dreamed of an outdoor wedding, but if you plan to get married in the month of January in Chicago, that may not be such a good idea. It is important to consider your guests, they will freeze. If these people are important enough to share a special day with you, then they should be important enough to also be considered in the planning.
6. Is it in a centralized location: Where the venue is located is important for many reasons. For instance, if this is a wedding you are planning and the ceremony is taking place in a separate location from the reception; you should choose a reception venue near or not too far away from the 1st location. For the sake of time, you don’t want your second location two hours away and risk guest getting lost and not coming to the reception.
These are only a few tips for choosing the venue for the event you are planning. For more helpful tips or any questions you have about venues, contact me!